Sunday, June 29, 2008

Setbacks.

I love language that uses the body. Handouts. Setbacks. Toe the line.

I love it.

I find that I use that language a lot more now I am a dancer than before when I was a... actually I don't know what I was. The "Kithkin" card in Magic Card was one of the first images I saw that really looked like me and I claimed it quick. I have always loved colour. When Francis (who was then perhaps a being who would later become Francis, Francesca, Frank and even Lowena: my family tree is as gnarled as the trees of the Bugsplat Fairy Swamp) and I (the I who would become Cotton Eyed Jo, and Callippy and me); when we split from each other it was like two colours emerging from one and I claimed my suite of greens and s/he claimed their suite of greens and we split and even now I could look at a paint chart and tell you who was who. I took on a lot of suffering, s/he took on a lot of leadership. I don't know why it went that way. We were only nine years old.

I was the only person in our system to understand rhythm. I was always the one people in my system would seek out for an intuitive answer. I was always markedly popular. People who knew us came to know me by name and ask for me. I understood the tarot. I was clever with fire and energy in a way that is unusual in this system though I never identified as a fire sign. I always accepted our water sign birth. I had my own boyfriend and I am still sweet on him. I was 14. It was a secret of sorts, but I regret nothing.

Setbacks.
Lately in my life there have been a few.
But I am back, now. To face the music.

*shimmy*

(Face the music, did you see what I did there??)

Calypso

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home