Friday, May 23, 2008

Goals and Theory (you can tell Trouble is involved, can't you?)

So, I did accept the idea and we are in Term 2 and it is my term off.
No belly dance.
I was dubious but I thought why not it's worth a try.
And yesterday I was able to do some pilates poses that have eluded me for a year!
And I can feel a difference.
I pronounce the Term Off a great sucess, already, and look forward to further developments.
I love you belly dancers,
*shimmy*
Calypso

Notes from Trouble:

Goals: abdominal precision and strength

Theory: we have massive, strong thighs that are rather pushy when it comes to doing stuff for example normal people close a car door with their hands, we tend to swivel round and butt it shut, and we do that a lot, hold trays, doors, lift refrigerators, etc. with our MIGHTY THIGHS.. and they are very useful in belly dance.

However, we also want to use our belly and lower back in a precise and strong way and to achieve this we need to quit relying on the thighs for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home