Sunday, February 04, 2007

After a phone call to Leila, I stew.

Another phonecall with Leila. Not so upsetting for Trouble this time - she's had time to adjust to the last one - the knowledge that she & Leila don't get along. It's not so terrible. There's goodwill, and that helps. Some people aren't right for each other as friends.
It's okay.

She gets along with plenty of people many of us find challenging. And who says that 'getting along' is inherently admirable. Not me. And I 'get along' with everybody. I'm everybody's favourite. And you know, sometimes that's fine, and sometimes, it's not. I like you Trouble, and I like Leila and I'm glad this phonecall hurt you less than the last one, and that you can see Leila is just missing her very best friend Just Jo. Less now, of course, as Just Jo seems very much set for a comeback to front. Perhaps.

Let's see here - Calypso (me), Miss Calypso Green. I am in the running again. I've done it before. I didn't last all that long - but I've realised that it was more my choice than I thought, that I could have stayed. So much depends on how we feel as people. That's what Gray was saying to you, Trouble, that you have nothing to be ashamed of - don't BE ashamed. Our machine (the space ship -don't touch that lever! - the mysterious device that runs things here) must to some extent believe what ever you believe about yourself as much as it does what others believe about you. So don't retreat, young man, Miss T. don't talk yourself into living in exile.
I think that is what Gray was hinting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home