Monday, August 07, 2006

A shaky start.

I didn't tell too many of the dancers about it, just started again, this evening. Zil was my only student. I was glad. I can't take the pressure right now. I only managed an hour, but that was okay. I think I'll go better next week. I didn't wear the brace.

It was really confronting to be unable to dance freely, back in my teaching space, on that wood floor where I've spun and shimmied and been so free. To be so frightened and to have to be so careful. It was really hard. I am so sad about my knee.

I got through it. It was okay. I'm not in that much pain. A bit. I'm really tired though and I'm pretty sad. I wish I could dance again, the way I could before I hurt my knee. I wish I could do my exercises. I wish my knee was okay. But it's not. And it might not ever be okay. And that's really scaring me.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Eight Lives Left said...

You know how sorry we are about your knee. Sending good thoughts to you.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Thank you Sassy. And thank you for commenting at my very own blog.

Ooops! I'm signed in as goldilocks!

calypso

 

Post a Comment

<< Home